Carfree Day, DC
Developed concept & collaborative proposal to bring Car-free Day to Washington, DC in 2007, a precursor to "Open Streets"
- Event expanded in 2008 to include the DC Metro areas in Virginia and Maryland, and is now known as Carfree Metro DC.
- Persuaded then-Mayor Adrian Fenty and the entire City Council to commute car-free;
- Awarded official commendation from DC City Council for bringing Car-free Day to DC;
- Created eight PARK(ing) spaces to illustrate the potential of public space when used for people, rather than storing people's private property;
- Managed graphics/web design team for development of Car-free D.C. website;
- Media representative for television, radio, print, and web press for event;
- Signed up over 5,000 residents throughout metro DC to commit to commuting by sustainable modes of transportation for Car-free Day;
- Principal contact for public and DC government officials;